To make Rwanda the centre of regional excellence in public procurement.
The mandate of the Rwanda Public Procurement Authority is derived from chapter two of the law n°25/2011 of 30/06/2011 establishing the Rwanda Public Procurement Authority (RPPA) and determining its mission, organization and functioning which stipulates the RPPA’s mission and powers respectively.
To achieve the best value for money for the Government of Rwanda by setting up procurement standards, guidelines, and procedures, building capacity and monitoring procurement proceedings in order to ensure competition, economy , transparency, fairness, efficiency, accountability and zero tolerance to corruption in all public procurement activities.
- To ensure organization, analysis and supervision in public procurement matters;
- To advise the government and all public procurement organs on the policies, strategies in matters related to the organization of public procurement;
- To control activities of awarding public contracts and their execution;
- To develop professionalism of the staff involved in public procurement;
- To provide technical assistance as needed and develop teaching material, organize trainings and lay down the requirements which must be met by public procurement officers;
- To collect and disseminate on a regular basis information on public procurement ;
- To put in place standard bidding documents, bid evaluation reports and other standard documents for use by public procuring entities ;
- To sensitize the public on matters related to public procurement;
- To draw up and publish the list of bidders suspended or debarred from participating in public procurement;
- To establish cooperation and collaboration with other regional and international agencies whose mission is similar to that of RPPA ;
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by law and which are not contrary to its main mission.